Monday, December 25, 2006

Year in Review

My friend Andrew picked up the meme from someone else; I'll keep it rolling. First line of first entry for each month of the past year:

March: Apparently anyone can get one of these blog things. You don’t need a library card or a Class C license or anything.

April: Daylight Savings Time starts in the U.S. today, meaning it's light enough to go for a serious ride after work.

May: The cop in the crosswalk is stopping traffic so we nutty cyclists can charge through the normally car-choked streets of L.A., in this case rocketing past the new Gehry-designed Disney Center.

June: Each sunset, like each snowflake, is an entirely unique cliché.

July: The sun goes down every day. I don't see why people make such a big deal of it.

August: It was Eddy Merckx who famously remarked: "You don't win the Tour de France by eating sandwiches and drinking mineral water."

September: In between listening to Bob Dylan's lush new album, I've managed to get out and turn the crank once or twice.

October: Cold weather causes the ground to freeze, making it more slippery but less dense.

November: CNN.com reports today that the Web has more than 100 million sites, as of October 2006.

December: I'm not as good as I'd like to be at returning books, which I suppose is how I'm chastised for letting other people borrow mine and not return them.

No comments: