Friday, December 21, 2007

The Sun Also Sets

First of all, I would like to clarify something my brother said.

Then the gratuitous camera demos.

The shot above was taken with the new camera, just after sunset. That bridge is about 12.75 miles from the camera.

Old camera, from the same location.

This is the frame from the old camera, at exactly 100% resolution.

And this is the frame from the new camera, at exactly 100%.

One day when I’m feeling ambitious, I’ll dig up an old negative and show the resolution from the same spot with 35mm film and a 300mm lens. My recollection is it was comparable to the old digital camera.

This is what the bridge looks like from a somewhat closer vantage:


1 comment:

Kangamoo said...

Did we sail under that bridge? It is pretty and clear up close.

What kind of new camera do you have? I think I need a new one so it will take better pictures. It might just be the photographer. I don't even know what I am looking for. I definitely need the camera to choose for me most of the time, however sometimes I can do some thinking.