Sunday, July 01, 2007

Three Swift Shots


Note the direction of travel. Note which way the wind is blowing.

Extra points for anyone who can explain why left and right are transposed in mirror images, but up and down remain as they are in real life.


Swooping view from today’s ride


Some rich men came and raped the land
Nobody caught ’em
Put up a bunch of ugly boxes
And Jesus, people bought ’em
—The Eagles, The Last Resort

(Part of my income comes from construction, so I should be happy to see houses being built. I live in a house. I grew up in a house. I have no objection to houses. That doesn’t mean I automatically support construction even when it’s crass and intrusive. Those were some nice hills before people started sticking buildings all over them.)

1 comment:

CaliforniaGirl said...

The answer to your question is that mirrors have fancy centrifuges that help them tell which way gravity is going, but they have no more sense of direction than my daughter who cannot tell her right from her left.