Sunday, May 21, 2006

By the Time I Get to Phoenix


The sun was pretty much gone before I left New Mexico. To get back to California, I could have turned west at Casa Grande and taken the road out to San Diego by way of Yuma. That would have been about the same mileage, and tempting if I was going to see new scenery. I've driven the Phoenix road before. But since it was all going to be driven by night, I decided to stick to the easy road, the one I knew.


Storm gathers in southern New Mexico.


I studied and studied, but as hard as I tried, I couldn't see anything kicking up this dust but the wind. Normally there's a truck at the head of a dust stripe like this, heading pell-mell down a dirt road. I think this was just Ma Nature.


This one definitely had a truck at the head of the comet.

No comments: